Recipe by Kristina Byrd
Summer is winding down and families are getting ready to get back in to the swing of the school schedule. What a better way for your kids to celebrate school than an end of the summer party, or a welcome first day of school party with plenty of treats for everyone!
These fun and colorful cupcakes are easy to make.
• 1 box White Cake Mix + box ingredients
• 3/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
• Red Food Coloring
• 1 cup softened Butter
• 3 cup Powdered Sugar
• 3 tbsp. Milk
• 1 tsp Vanilla
• Green Food Coloring
• Preheat oven and line muffin tins with paper liners.
• Prepare batter according to box directions.
• Add just enough red food coloring to achieve watermelon pinkish color.
• Fold in chocolate chips until distributed.
• Fill liners 2/3 full and bake according to box directions for cupcakes.
• Allow to cool completely.
• Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet.
• Whip butter and vanilla until fluffy.
• Gradually add powdered sugar.
• Add milk until you reach desired consistency.
• Transfer to piping bag with round tip, or use a spatula and frost each cupcake.
For travel ease, find this cupcake carrier in our Heaven’s Treasures store.